Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Samantha's Secret | Vichy Dermablend Foundation

As I am (supposed to be) on the quest to complete project sample - that is, use up my humungous collection of tiny vials, sachet, beauty box samples and freebies - I have been trialling Vichy Dermablend, a high-coverage foundation for covering minor to severe skin flaws.

Before I start I guess I have to say really that I don't have any specific problems with my skin when it comes to flaws or blemishes - I have usually very clear skin, not through any obsessive skin-care routine in particular, perhaps good genes, or I have just outgrown the oily teenage skin problems. I do though, have freckles and some rosacea along my jaw line (SO annoying as if I want to use blush or bronzer - it just looks like I did it all wrong and have a red face anyway.) Having said that I thought my skin would be a good reference to how well this foundation camouflages skin discolouration, if not acne-related issues.


So this is what the little kit looked like, and I used 12 Opal as the best match to my skin. I was really overwhelmed by the amount of coverage it gave, it was (for me) like using a heavy-duty concealer All over my face. It was great for smoothing out all my freckles into more of a uniform skin colour and actually did a pretty good job over redness.

I found the Dermablend foundation way too heavy for everyday use, I use really sheer foundation normally and I didn't feel like I could breathe in it. It has more coverage than even Estee Lauder Double Wear (holy grail for some.)

So overall this would be great as a heavy duty concealer for marks or long-term blemishes, and some would want this for everyday coverage. For that, its fantastic and does exactly what it claims to. Added to that, its SPF 30, hypoallergenic, and resists water and perspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think cupcakes?