Pages

Saturday, 26 May 2012

NOTD: Essie Mint Candy Apple

The weather is sooo beautiful at the moment, I really felt the need for pastel nails. Luckily my Boots is now stocking Essie (yesssss finally!) so I picked up a couple of colours, including todays NOTD:

Mint Candy Apple
Its a gorgeous pastelly mint green, and it doesn't give 'corpse fingers' although I do have a bit of colour at the moment. I know that this is a really raved about shade, but I must say that it is not all that unique and I'm perfectly sure you could find a dupe for much less. I have a Models Own shade knocking about somewhere that is very similar. Having said that, the formulation is really nice to work with, these nails took 2 coats for opacity, and the brush is great (apparently much better than the original Essie polishes). The finish is really glossy and I've had it on 3 days now with a top coat and no tip wear.
(If you can see lines on my nails its where I had Shellac a few months ago in one of those Chinese nail places and they filed a layer off my nails- it's growing out now.)

Hope everyone is enjoying the glorious British weather! I've discovered a lot more blogs in the past week or so and have really enjoyed reading them all so please let me know if you write one also! xx

7 comments:

  1. It's a lovely colour, but I have to agree with you- it's nothing special. I have a very simiar barry m nail polish which I think it the same! Have a nice weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I knew there was a good dupe - Barry M of course! Thanks darl you too x

      Delete
  2. Love this colour it's so beautiful and perfect for the sunny weather we are having at the moment :)

    xx

    fashion-nerdette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a really love colour, very summery! The name sounds delicious!

    Elle xx
    www.beautyshewrote.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colour! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mint candy apple is still one of my favourite Essie nail colours even though they have so many now I still love this one :) great post :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely on you, really pretty. It is in my drawer waiting to have an outing xox http://nikkiloub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think cupcakes?