Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

ELF HAUL!

I have a bit of a huge package that came through yesterday that I am really excited to share. I heard of E.L.F through the lovely Becca from voussontbeauetbelle (watch her videos she is very cute) who had some Rather large hauls from them!! When I went onto the website my first observation was that it was so cheap. This usually means that its going to be a bit crappy but I decided to give it a go - the website looked nice enough and the packaging looked lovely in Becca's haul videos.

So here's my exciting package ....


LIPS:

L- R
 Moisturising Lip Tint in Guava £3.50
 Lipstick in Nicely Nude £3.50
Plumping Lip Glaze in Fuchsia Fanatic £1.50
 Studio Matte Lip Colour in Coral £3.50
Theraputic Conditioning Lip Balm in Strawberry Creme £1.50










Top-Bottom
Theraputic Conditioning Lip Balm in Strawberry Creme (very sheer)
  Studio Matte Lip Colour in Coral
Plumping Lip Glaze in Fuchsia Fanatic
 Lipstick in Nicely Nude
Moisturising Lip Tint in Guava




My first thoughts when I opened the box was that I was a little disappointed, the make-up looked cheaply packaged and it was a little dusty.
But when I started swatching the products I was really pleasantly surprised!

Lip Tint - has a really creamy formulation and a good coverage of colour. It contains Titanium Dioxide which is a sunscreen and gives an SPF of 8!
Lipstick - I wanted to try this straight away and after feeling a little skeptic at the cold, plasticky looking bullet, I found it to be quite creamy and moisturising on the lips with a lovely colour - I wouldnt say it was 'nude' however - more of a peachy pink!
 (These two are in the 'mineral' collection and claim to have no parabens, preservatives or chemical dyes. The outside packaging is also a lot nicer - it reminds me of Dr Haushka? )
Plumping Lip Glaze - has colour on one side and a plumping gloss on the other - not one of those ones that sting but just a light minty feeling that makes you feel really fresh.
Matte Lip Pencil - I love this !! A great dupe of the NARS Velvet Matte pencils although obviously not as creamy - still impressive and at nothing of the price! I love the colour of this one in Coral (similar to Nars Bolero) though since it is matte I'd highly recommend moisturising or using a balm before hand - I use Lush's amazing Bubblegum lip scrub!
Conditioning Lip Balm - Very sheer in colour but really moisturising and smells amazing like dolly mixtures.

More to come in the next post on Eyes and Face!

Has anyone else tryed any of these?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think cupcakes?